- Leave the bandage on for at least 3 hours! And avoid infections
- Wash your hands carefully and remove the bandage(film) and wash it with tattoo cleanser/perfume-free soap and then clean it with tempered water not to cold or warm.
- Let the tattoo airdry after cleaning. Put on the tattoo crème/panthenol at least 1 times a day. Put on a thin layer typically after you cleaned it. Rather more times and keep it moisty
- In the Week: Clean it 3 times a day and the wound crust will fall off by itself. The crust/flakes can take some ink with it when it comes off the skin. Happens more often with color-tattoo.
- On the 2-3 week: you need only to put tattoo crème/panthenol as often as you need to keep it moisty around 3-5 times a day.
- Avoid tight clothes on the new tattoo so you avoid the irritation. Don’t scratch on it. A good trick is to scratch around and put crème and massage gently on it.
- The first 3 weeks you should avoid swimming in a high containment of Chlorine, Sun light, Sauna and big movements that stretch the skin (fitness, bodybuilding)
- Avoid dusty environment, so if you work with construction you need to cover it while working. If you have pets, you need to be extra careful and avoid the pet to get in touch with the tattoo.
- If you need a retouch
- If you are going to sun bathing, we recommend a sun lotion factor +30 to protect your tattoo from fading.
- Use piercing cleanser / salt water/ non-perfume soap to clean your wound and jewelry with. Typically, you can take some cotton and soak it with the cleaning liquid then keep it on the piercing for around 3 min to let it soak into the piercing. Do this 2 times a day
- Wash your hands before touching the piercing and avoid playing with it before its healed
- The most piercing takes 2 months to heal even some up to a 1 year. This is very different from person to person.
- You can shower like normal, but clean the piercing carefully after. Avoid chlorine water (swimming pool, jacuzzi) the first couple of weeks.
- Avoid perfume, cosmetic products around the piercing. Avoid dusty environment, so if you work with construction you need to cover it while working. If you have pets, you need to be extra careful and avoid the pet to get in touch with the piercing.
- Tongue/mouth piercings: Avoid big alcohol usage, spicy food etc. In the first 2 weeks
- Flush your mouth with mouth wash after every meal.
- Changing of jewelry: This is possible after its healed. It is very depending on the person, but usually around 1-2 months. The jewelry you have now might be a little bit bigger now to secure that it can take the swollen part. The swell can be occurring anytime during the healing process. A small hit into it while showering, pressing it while sleeping etc.
(if you want to be sure if its healed you are welcome let our piercer look at it)
Once you have left Master Tattoo Studio it’s your responsibility to take care of the tattoo. So please follow the aftercare advices.
Any problems do not hesitate to contact us.